Today, dentistry in the UK is not just a matter of removing damaged teeth. More and more people have turned to cosmetic dentistry to improve their appearance. Once you visit a cosmetic dentist in Manchester, the dentist can lighten, straighten, reshape and repair your teeth in an effort to improve your appearance, and give you a better smile.
Cosmetic dentistry treatment plans
Probably you have discoloured, stained, broken, misshapen, and misaligned teeth or you have gaps between your teeth. A cosmetic dentist will use one or several treatment plans to improve the appearance of your smile.
- Dental crowns. In case your teeth are heavily damaged, your dentist may use crowns or caps that look like the natural crowns to cover the damaged teeth. The crown restores the shape, strength and the appearance of the natural tooth.
- Teeth whitening. This treatment plan aims at brightening your smile by bleaching your teeth. It is less expensive and can be achieved in your dentist’s office using in-office products, or the dentist can design a system for you to use at home.
- Dental bonding. This procedure uses a coloured composite resin. The material is applied to the tooth and then hardened. It can be used to repair cracked, decayed, misshapen or chipped teeth.
- Dental implants. This involves replacing the root of the missing tooth. The implant is the fitted with a crown.
- Veneers. They are designed to replace the tooth enamel. They are made of a thin hard material, and can be used to treat a variety of dental imperfections.
- Orthodontic Aligners. This treatment plan is used to straighten crooked or crowded teeth. Clear aligners are commonly being used instead of the metal braces.
Health benefits of cosmetic dentistry
Cosmetic dentistry is not all about appearance or aesthetics. It also seeks to maintain healthy gums and teeth. With whitened, straightened and reshaped teeth, an individual, is motivated to observe proper dental hygiene. On the other hand, crooked, decayed and crowded teeth lead to other infections and dental problems. Through cosmetic dentistry, these problems are avoided.
The appearance of your smile can adversely affect your esteem. Besides, some dental condition can lead to major dental diseases and problems. Cosmetic dentistry will simultaneously a give a good smile and protect you from many dental problems and diseases.